Test

Monday, August 28, 2006

A new week

Not much to update in the blogging world...we had a good weekend and I loved spending the extra time with my family and friends. Just seems like we have it backwards--why do we work more days in the week than we play? This morning it was so hard to leave Kinley. She was so much fun over the weekend, and having to walk out the door as she looked at me with those big ol' blue eyes made me cry. Stinks.

On a happier note, lots going on in life right now. The new semester just started, football season is cranking up, we have some fun ladies' events coming up at church, I am starting to teach Kinley's Sunday School class next week, I am going to a new Mom's Bible Study at church beginning the following week, Zeke is starting to teach RA's on Wednesday nights, hunting season is just around the corner, and Christmas will be here before we know it. AND, as if I don't have enough other things to do, I have been CRAVING time to read and scrapbook!

One topic that seems to be on my mind lately is LIVING CONSCIOUSLY. You know, making the days count. Being happy. Keeping in mind what is most important. DOING what is most important. Recording all of those times. Having an eternal focus. The days are passing faster and faster, and I don't want to wake up one day and realize that in the midst of just existing, life happened. I think it's why I want to scrapbook lately--to record the everyday moments that make up this life we live. May not be glamorous, but it's ours. And we love it.

Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is. --Ephesians 5:15-17

3 comments:

Nikki *Ü* said...

I just found your blog from a link at Theresa Marie's. I miss you at QFK. Congrats on your little girl!!! Sounds like you're busy!!

Amy said...

Hey Lisa! I just started women's bible study today! :) What will you be studying in yours?

Theresa Marie said...

Lisa - completely agree with you on living consciously. I too hope that I don't just wake up and notice that life happened while I was simply existing!

Love the scripture you chose for this blog!!!

btw... I wanna see a new picture of Kinley!!! I wanna see her big blue eyes! email me please??? *puppy dog face*