Test

Monday, September 11, 2006

Remember.


5 years ago today, the world changed forever.
We watched in horror as our nation came under attack. I was a newlywed that day, and my first thoughts were of those losing their spouses. Those phone calls. When my husband came in the front door that night, I thought of all of the ones who didn't. Fast forward 5 years. Now, as a mom, I think of those who have babies who don't know their fathers. The ones whose parents didn't come home that day. The parents who lost their children. The radio station that I listen to on my way to work replayed their 9/11 broadcast this morning, and I thought again of all of those who made those final calls home...of hearing "I love you" for what you know is probably the last time here on earth, of wondering... Even today, 5 years later, I can't totally collect my thoughts on it. I do know that today I am thankful...for life and breath...for His protection, for another day to spend with my family. And when I remember that day, I hug my family a little tighter, I say "I love you" more often, and stop to enjoy the "little things"--the everyday moments that make my life what it is. And I am thankful for the hope of heaven. For knowing that there is never really a goodbye for those who know Jesus as their personal Savior. One day, I hope I will pass it all on to my children. For now, I will write it all here so that I remember. And I will pray...for those who can put a face and a name on the events of 9/11, for those whose lives will never be the same, and for those who defend us from another such event every day.

God bless America...

"Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?" --John 11:25-26

1 comment:

Amy said...

What a beautiful tribute! I am so glad I "stopped by" today! Bless you!